The International House Vancouver offers private and small group Italian classes in Vancouver, to both adults and children. IHV's Italian lessons deliver practical knowledge and Italian speaking skills. Our Italian courses are taught with a communicative approach and offer unmatched learning and knowledge. IHV's Italian classes and other modern languages programs are of the highest quality that focus on all the primary language skills. Learn Italian at IHV.
Italian courses at International House are taught by professional, experienced, and native-speaking instructors. Learn this beautiful and melodic language to prepare yourself for the upcoming vacation in Venice, or simply for the joy of getting to know the culture! Using a highly communicative method, our instructors customize the exercises and activities towards students’ needs.
If you already know some Italian, our free language assessment will gauge your ability and place you in the right level. Call us at (604) 739-9836 or email us for more information.
1) small classes (maximum 10 students) led by instructors who are native speakers
2) a communicative approach to instruction with an emphasis on practical language that you will be able to use from the very first day of your stay abroad
3) encouragement so that you can learn to speak in a variety of situations with ease and confidence
4) targeted practice to quickly improve your knowledge of grammar and structure
Topics are based on everyday and practical situations. You learn through interactive exercises and engaging discussions to help build a strong foundation. Approximately 60% – 70% is devoted to productive conversation skills and 30% – 40% on written skills. Classes include pronunciation rules and drills, vocabulary, verbs, useful phrases, sentence patterns, and grammar. Low cost course materials are purchased separately.
The focus is on speaking and listening. You will learn vocabulary and sentences related to the topic of the day. (Recommended for students who already have a solid foundation. Beginners should take a General course first).
Courses are 8 weeks long with the following exceptions:
1) Statutory holidays - a make-up class will be scheduled on the first day
2) Intensive courses
3) November to December courses that are marked with an asterisk * are 7 weeks long due to Christmas.